What Are the Water-Related Effects of Climate Change in the United States?
Warmer air temperature is anticipated to have the following water-related effects in the United States:
- Increases in water temperature
- Changes in the location, timing, form and amount of precipitation
- Increases in tropical storm intensity
- Rising sea levels (View map showing rising sea levels on the east coast of the United States)
- Changes in oceans and coastal regions—chemical and physical
Titus, J.G. and C. Richman. 2000. Maps of Lands Vulnerable to Sea Level Rise as found in EPA. 2008u. Climate Change Web site. Climate Change – Science: Sea Level Changes, accessed August 31, 2009.