The 5,000-acre FAA Technical Center site is located 8 miles northwest of Atlantic City, Atlantic Count, New Jersey, within the Atlantic Coastal Plain. In 1942, a Naval Air Base, including most of the existing runways, was constructed over two-thirds of the property. Interest in the property was transferred to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in 1958 for use as research and development facilities and for the 1979 construction of the existing Technical/Administration Building. From 1978 to 1985, transformers containing PCB oil were stored on a 25- by 75-foot concrete pad, referred to as Area G, located at the lumber yard near building 125 in the western portion of the property. Some transformers are known to have leaked, contaminating the concrete pad and surrounding soil. During 1989, the entire concrete pad and contaminated soil were collected, excavated, and disposed of in an approved TSCA cell of a landfill. The ROD addresses principal threats to human health or the environment associated with PCB releases from the Area G transformer storage location. Based on the results of subsequent sampling, it is believed that Area G no longer poses a threat to human health or the environment.