AIR QUALITY CRITERIA FOR PARTICULATE MATTER (FOURTH EXTERNAL REVIEW DRAFT, Jun 2003)
Notice - This site contains archived material(s)
Archived files are provided for reference purposes only. These files are no longer maintained by the Agency and may be outdated. For current EPA information, go to www.epa.gov. It is EPA's policy to support reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities, pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. 791. If you need assistance with accessing archived files, contact EPA's Reasonable Accommodations or submit a request using the Contact Us form.
The document is divided into two volumes: Volume I (Chapters 1 through 5, EPA/600/P-99/002aD) and Volume II (Chapters 6 through 9, EPA/600/P-99/002bD). After the brief general introduction in Chapter 1, Chapters 2 and 3 provide background information on physical and chemical properties of PM and related compounds; sources and emissions; atmospheric transport; transformation and fate of PM; methods for the collection and measurement of PM; and ambient air concentrations; Chapter 4 describes PM environmental effects on vegetation and ecosystems, impacts on man-made materials and visibility, and relationships to global climate change processes; and Chapter 5 contains factors affecting exposure of the general population. Chapters 6 through 8 evaluate information concerning the health effects of PM. Chapter 6 discusses dosimetry of inhaled particles in the respiratory tract; and Chapter 7 assesses information on the toxicology of specific types of PM constituents, including laboratory animal studies and controlled human exposure studies. Chapter 8 discusses epidemiologic studies. Chapter 9 integrates key information on exposure, dosimetry, and critical health risk issues derived from studies reviewed in the prior chapters. The Executive Summary is to be incorporated in Volume I.
All other questions should be directed to the contact listed above.
This download(s) is distributed solely for the purpose of pre-dissemination peer review under applicable information quality guidelines. It has not been formally disseminated by EPA. It does not represent and should not be construed to represent any Agency determination or policy.
- Air Quality Criteria for Particulate Matter (Final Report, 1996)
- AIR QUALITY CRITERIA FOR PARTICULATE MATTER (First EXTERNAL REVIEW DRAFT, Oct 1999)
- AIR QUALITY Criteria FOR PARTICULATE MATTER (2001) (SECOND EXTERNAL REVIEW DRAFT)
- AIR QUALITY CRITERIA FOR PARTICULATE MATTER (THIRD EXTERNAL REVIEW DRAFT, May 2002)
- Air Quality Criteria for Particulate Matter (Fourth External Review Draft) [revised Drafts of Chapters 7 and 8, December 2003]
- AIR QUALITY CRITERIA FOR PARTICULATE MATTER (FOURTH EXTERNAL REVIEW DRAFT) [REVISED CHAPTERS 7, 8, AND 9, JUNE 2004]
- Air Quality Criteria for Particulate Matter (Fourth External Review Draft) [revised Chapter 9, August 2004]