The goal of this module is to educate water program managers, as well as the general public, on the expected effects of climate change on water resources and water programs. This knowledge will help us to prepare for and adapt to the effects of climate change. The information in this module is organized by the following questions:
- Climate Change 101: How is the global climate changing and what are the causes?
- Why does climate change matter to U.S. water program managers?
- What are the water-related effects of climate change in the United States?
- How do actions taken to reduce the release of greenhouse gases affect water resources and water programs?
- What is EPA’s National Water Program doing to address the effects of climate change on water resources?
After completing the module, you may take the Self Test.