||An Oil Slick Sampling System.
|| Coast Guard Research and Development Center,
||CGR/DC-38/74; AD-A010 708; USCG-D-71-75
Atomic and Molecular Physics and Spectroscopy. ;
Water Pollution and Control. ;
Oil pollution. ;
Infrared spectroscopy. ;
Test equipment. ;
X ray spectroscopy. ;
Chemical analysis. ;
Gas chromatography. ;
Oil spills. ;
Oil pollution of rivers, harbors, etc. ;
||Research Triangle Park Library/RTP, NC
||"AD-A010 708." "CGR/DC-38/74." "USCG-D-71-75." "Filmed 7-14-75 NTIS." Bibliography: p. 7. Microfiche.
||An oil slick sampling system has been developed for routine sampling of oil spills for identification purposes. The system can effectively sample all types of oil spills, collecting enough sample for analysis by several analytical techniques. In 80% of the spills sampled, the system collected sufficient oil for analysis by fluorescence and infrared spectroscopic and thin layer and gas chromatographic techniques. In the remaining 20%, the system collected sufficient oil for at least two of the above-mentioned techniques. The developed system is lightweight, compact and inexpensive.
|Corporate Au Added Ent
||U.S. Coast Guard Research & Development Center.; United States. National Technical Information Service.
|PUB Date Free Form
|OCLC Time Stamp
|OCLC Rec Leader
||02516nam 2200601Ki 45020