Full Record Display for the EPA National Library Catalog


Main Title Absorption, Distribution, and Elimination of 14c-dodecamethylcyclohexasiloxane in Rats Following Oral Administration, with Cover Letter dated 4/20/94.
CORP Author Dow Corning Corp., Midland, MI.; Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC. Office of Toxic Substances.
Year Published 1994
Report Number 86940001448
Stock Number OTS0558178
Additional Subjects Toxicology ; Health effects ; Dodecamethylcyclohexasiloxane (540-97-6) ; Pharmaco Kinetics ; Mammals ; Rats ; Oral ; Gavage ; Toxic substances ; Laboratory animals ; CAS No 540-97-6
Library Call Number Additional Info Location Last
NTIS  OTS0558178 Some EPA libraries have a fiche copy filed under the call number shown. 07/26/2022
Collation 17p
Abstract This study evaluated the absorption, distribution, and excretion of dimethyl cyclosiloxane fluids by the oral route in rats. Two Sprague Dawley rats were given a single oral gavage dose of the radiolabeled test substance at a dose of 600 mg/kg and placed in a Roth-type metabolism chamber. Expired air and excreta were collected for 72 hours. Urine and feces were collected at 24 hour intervals and radioactivity determined using liquid scintillation spectrometry. Expired air was passed over activated charcoal to trap metabolites and radioactivity was determined using liquid scintillation spectrometry. After obtaining the last urine sample, the animals were sacrificed and plasma and tissues were collected for total radioactivity analyses. No signs of systemic toxicity were noted. Approximately 53 and 86 percent of the total radioactivity was eliminated in the first 24 and 48 hours, respectively. Approximately 75 percent of the total radioactivity was eliminated in the feces, 13 percent in the expired air, and 2 percent in the urine. Trace amounts of radioactivity were seen in the liver, lungs, kidney, heart, and gastrointestinal tract. Based on the amount of total recovered radioactivity, approximately 15 percent of the administered dose was absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract.
Supplementary Notes The quality of the documents listed in the Office of Toxic Substances database may not meet usual NTIS standards but are included to further the opportunity for the scientific and technical community to locate materials which may not be available elsewhere. The content is the responsibility of OTS. Sponsored by Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC. Office of Toxic Substances.
Availability Notes Product reproduced from digital image. Order this product from NTIS by: phone at 1-800-553-NTIS (U.S. customers); (703)605-6000 (other countries); fax at (703)605-6900; and email at orders@ntis.gov. NTIS is located at 5285 Port Royal Road, Springfield, VA, 22161, USA.
PUB Date Free Form 1994
Category Codes 57Y; 57U; 68G; 99; 44G
NTIS Prices PC A03/MF A03
Document Type NT
Cataloging Source NTIS/MT
Control Number 028803920
Origin NTIS
Type CAT