Full Record Display for the EPA National Library Catalog


Main Title Airway Sensitivity of Asthmatics to Sulfur Dioxide.
Author Horstman, D. ; Roger, L. J. ; Kehrl, H. ; Hazucha, M. ;
CORP Author Health Effects Research Lab., Research Triangle Park, NC. Clinical Research Branch. ;Environmental Monitoring and Services, Inc., Chapel Hill, NC. ;North Carolina Univ. at Chapel Hill.
Year Published 1986
Report Number EPA/600/J-86/282;
Stock Number PB87-175600
Additional Subjects Sulfur dioxide ; Asthma ; Respiratory system ; Exposure ; Sensitivity ; Exercise(Physiology) ; Air pollution ; Methacholines ; Reprints ; Air pollution effects(Humans) ; Bronchial provocation tests ; Sraw(Specific Airway Resistance)
Library Call Number Additional Info Location Last
NTIS  PB87-175600 Some EPA libraries have a fiche copy filed under the call number shown. 07/26/2022
Collation 12p
Abstract Airways' sensitivity to SO2, (PC(SO2)), was defined as the concentration of SO2 which provoked a 100% increase in specific airways' resistance (SRaw). PC(SO2) was determined for 2. asthmatics performing moderate exercise while exposed to several concentrations of SO2 up to 2.0 ppm. Substantial variability in sensitivity was observed: for 20% of the subjects, PC(SO2) was greater than 1.95 ppm SO2, while for the remaining 80%, it ranged between 0.28 and 1.38 ppm SO2. The median PC(SO2) was 0.75 ppm SO2. PC(SO2) and nonspecific airways' sensitivity to methacholine were not related. (Copyright (c) Toxicology and Industrial Health, Vol. 2, No. 3, 1986.)
Supplementary Notes Pub. in Jnl. of Toxicology and Industrial Health, v2 n3 p289-298 1986. Prepared in cooperation with Environmental Monitoring and Services, Inc., Chapel Hill, NC., and North Carolina Univ. at Chapel Hill.
NTIS Title Notes Journal article.
Title Annotations Reprint: Airway Sensitivity of Asthmatics to Sulfur Dioxide.
PUB Date Free Form c1986
Category Codes 68G; 57W; 57Y
NTIS Prices PC A02/MF A01
Primary Description 600/11
Document Type NT
Cataloging Source NTIS/MT
Control Number 718320260
Origin NTIS
Type CAT