The EPA National Library Catalog
The EPA National Library Catalog is the online library catalog of the EPA National Library Network. It includes bibliographic records for the holdings of all EPA Network libraries, National Technical Information Service (NTIS) abstracts, and electronic book abstracts provided by several scientific publishers. The system also allows library personnel to manage library materials and activities through four modules that are accessible only to authorized EPA National Library Network employees and contractors. These modules include Circulation Management, Serials Management, Catalog Maintenance, and Dispersal Management.
Sources of Data for the National Library Catalog
- OCLC Bibliographic Records contain the holdings (books, documents, reference materials, journals, and EPA reports) for all EPA Network libraries. Many of the records contain links to the referenced digitized item
- NTIS Records contain bibliographic information on selected scientific abstracts
- Ebook Bibliographic Records from several scientific publishers such as Springer, CRC Press and Ebrary. These records contain links to the electronic version of the item
- Air Pollution Technical Information Center (APTIC) Records contain abstracts of materials that are maintained on microfiche by the EPA library located at RTP, NC
Major Components to the EPA National Library Catalog
- National Library Catalog Public Access site
- Allows both EPA employees and the general public to search the EPA National Library Catalog
- Users can employ text searches with the use of such fields as keywords, titles, publishers, authors, subjects, and call numbers.
- EPA National Library Catalog Maintenance
- Circulation Management - This module allows each Network library to manage and track library materials from their collection that are circulated to their patrons
- Catalog Maintenance - This module allows each Network library to edit their catalog holdings and selected fields from each catalog record within the National Library Catalog database.
- Serials Management - This module allows each Network library to track and control the sequential flow of volumes and issues that are received for each subscription in their library.
- Dispersal Management - This module allows each Network library to disperse items from their collection that they no longer need. Each library can use this module to claim items being dispersed by other Network libraries
- An OLS User Guide (PDF) (92 pp, 4.14MB, About PDF) (January 2018) documenting all of the system's features is available.