Record Display for the EPA National Library Catalog

RECORD NUMBER: 532 OF 616

OLS Field Name OLS Field Data
Main Title Superfund record of decision : Sinclair Refinery, NY.
CORP Author United States. Environmental Protection Agency.
Publisher U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Emergency and Remedial Response ; Reproduced by National Technical Information Service,
Year Published 1985
Report Number EPA/ROD/R02-85/017
Stock Number PB86-172434
OCLC Number 23087555
Subjects Hazardous waste sites--New York (State)--Allegany County. ; Sinclair Refinery (N.Y.)
Additional Subjects Earth fills ; Industrial wastes ; Hazardous materials ; Waste disposal ; Sites ; Licenses ; Leaching ; Soils ; Ground water ; Solid waste disposal ; Industrial wastes ; New York ; Solid waste management ; Superfund program ; Land reclamation ; Allegany County(New York)
Internet Access
Description Access URL
http://nepis.epa.gov/Exe/ZyPDF.cgi?Dockey=91000FBM.PDF
Holdings
Library Call Number Additional Info Location Last
Modified
Checkout
Status
EJBD ARCHIVE EPA ROD-R02-85-017 Headquarters Library/Washington,DC 10/27/2009
NTIS  PB86-172434 Most EPA libraries have a fiche copy filed under the call number shown. Check with individual libraries about paper copy. NTIS 01/01/1988
Collation 125 p.
Abstract
The former 103-acre Sinclair Oil Refinery is located in the Town of Wellsville, Allegany County, New York. The site was originally developed as an oil refinery during the late 1800s and was operated by the Wellsville Refining Company. Products manufactured at the site included lubricating oils and grease, fuel oil, naptha, gasoline, lighter fluid and paraffin. In 1924, the Wellsville Refining Company sold the property and plant to Sinclair Refining Company which maintained and operated the refinery until 1958, when operations ceased as a result of a fire. While the refinery was in operation, the southernmost portion of the property was used as a landfill to dispose of approximately 230,000 yd3 of wastes. Substances deposited in the landfill consisted of drummed waste, oily and tarry sludges, and hazardous waste compounds in other forms.
Notes
"September 30, 1985."