The 18-acre Wasatch Chemical (Lot 6) site is an active chemical production, storage, and distribution facility in Salt Lake City, Utah. Land use in the area is predominantly industrial. The site lies one-half mile east of the Jordan River, within the center of the Jordan River Valley. From 1957 to 1986, Wasatch Chemical Company and other tenants used the site for production, packaging, storage, and distribution of various chemical products, including industrial chemicals, acids, solvents, pesticides, and fertilizers. Process wastes, including dioxins, were directed toward an onsite evaporation pond, stored in 40 drums, and also discharged directly in the ground and possibly into the Salt Lake City sewer system. The Record of Decision (ROD) addresses contamination of onsite soil, sludge, and ground water as a final remedy. The primary contaminants of concern affecting the soil, sludge, and ground water are VOCs including PCE, TCE, toluene, and xylenes; and other organics including pesticides, herbicides, and dioxins. The selected remedial action for the site includes excavating and consolidating 3,587 cubic yards of contaminated soil and sludge and 650 gallons of liquid waste in the former evaporation pond; treating these materials onsite using in-situ vitrification.