The 11-acre Coleman-Evans Wood Preserving site is a former wood treatment facility, which was operated from 1954 to the late 1980s, in the community of Whitehouse, Duval County, Florida. Prior to 1970, wastewater from the facility was precipated and discharged to the onsite drainage ditch. The precipitated sludge was deposited into two unlined pits until 1970, when the sludge was stored in tanks. The wastewater treatment process was also enhanced in 1970 with lime precipitation and chlorination. In 1980, onsite ground water contamination was detected and activated charcoal filters were added to the treatment process to remove organics. The primary contaminant in onsite soil and ground water has been identified as pentachlorophenol (PCP). The highest areas of PCP concentration were in the vicinity of onsite chemical tanks and the unlined pit areas. In 1985, EPA conducted an emergency response, which included excavating and disposing of pit material offsite and filling excavated areas with clean fill. The Record of Decision (ROD) amends a 1986 ROD, which documented the selection of incineration for an estimated 9,000 cubic yards of contaminated soil. Since that time, additional studies during the remedial design phase indicated that there are approximately 27,000 cubic yards of contaminated soil. Based on the excessive volume of soil and the high cost of incineration, treatability studies were conducted and an alternative source control treatment was selected. The primary contaminants of concern affecting the soil, sediment, and ground water are organics including PCP and metals.