The Hyde Park Landfill, approximately 15 acres in area, is located in the northwest corner of the town of Niagara, New York. It is immediatelysurrounded by several industrial facilities and property owned by the Power Authority for the State of New York (PASNY). The Niagara River, aninternational waterbody, is located 2000 feet to the northwest. Between 1954 and 1975, Occidental Chemical Corporation (OCC) disposed of approximately 80,000 tons of chemical wastes at the landfill and 0.6 to 1.6 tons of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlor odibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) contaminated material. Between 1975 and 1979, OCC, pursuant to directives from the state, implemented a number of remedial actions. These actions included capping the site, and installing a shallow tile drain and a ground watermonitoring program. Soil and ground water are contaminated with VOCs, organics, toluene, phenol, PCBs and dioxin. The selected remedy for thissite includes; installation of a prototype purge well system to extract non-aqueous phase liquids (NAPL) for destruction by incineration; installation of an overburden tile drain system; implementation of engineering controls for an industrial protection program designed to eliminate exposure to nearby workers; installation of ground water wellsas part of a residential community monitoring program; installation of the first stage of a bedrock NAPL plume containment system; installationof two to three purge wells as an aqueous phase liquid (APL) plume containment system; implementation of a lower formation and deep formation study; implementation of a Niagara gorge seep program; treatment of ground water with activated carbon; and implementation of amonitoring program. The estimated present worth cost for this remedial alternative is $17,000,000.