This 30-acre site is located approximately one mile east of the Town of Bridgeport and about two miles south of the Delaware River. The site is an abandoned waste oil storage and recovery facility which operated from 1950 through the early 1970's. The site includes a tank farm consisting of 90 tanks and process vessels, drums, tank trucks and a 12.7 acre waste oil and wastewater lagoon. The lagoon is divided into three layers: an oily upper layer, an aqueous middle layer, and bottom sludge/sediment deposits. Sampling of these lagoon layers and the ground water reveal average PCB concentrations in excess of 500 ppm; organics, such as benzene, methylene chloride and toluene, at concentrations up to 1,000 ppb; and acetone at levels up to 70 ppm. The cost-effective remedial alternative selected for the first operable unit includes disposal of oily waste and sediment/sludge via on-site incineration; removal and disposal of contaminated water via an on-site treatment system; drum excavation and removal; maintenance pumping to prevent further migration of the contaminated plume; complete removal of tanks and waste; installation of a water supply pipeline from an existing pump station; and a second phase RI/FS to determine appropriate ground water cleanup and lagoon closure remedies. The estimated total project capital cost for this remedy is $57,672,000 and the estimated 10-year operation and maintenance costs for the water supply pipeline is $20,000.