Record Display for the EPA National Library Catalog


Main Title Source assessment : ammonium nitrate production /
Author Search, W. J. ; Reznik., R. B.
Other Authors
Author Title of a Work
Reznik, R. B.,
CORP Author Monsanto Research Corp., Dayton, Ohio.;Industrial Environmental Research Lab., Research Triangle Park, N.C.
Publisher Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, Industrial Environmental Research Laboratory ; For sale by the National Technical Information Service,
Year Published 1977
Report Number EPA-600/2-77-107i; MRC-DA-582; EPA-68-02-1874; EPA-ROAP-21AXM-071
Stock Number PB-271 984
OCLC Number 03655569
ISBN pbk.
Subjects Ammonium nitrate--Environmental aspects ; Ammonium nitrate--Environmental aspects
Additional Subjects Particles ; Ammonia ; Air pollution control ; Ammonium nitrate ; Environmental impacts ; Chemical industry ; Combustion products ; Process charting ; Sources ; Industrial wastes ; Technology ; Manufacturing ; Assessments ; Performance evaluation ; Particle size distribution ; Fugitive emissions ; Stationary sources
Internet Access
Description Access URL
Library Call Number Additional Info Location Last
EJBD ARCHIVE EPA 600-2-77-107i Headquarters Library/Washington,DC 05/01/2014
EKBD  EPA-600/2-77-107i Research Triangle Park Library/RTP, NC 07/04/2003
ESAD  EPA 600-2-77-107i Region 10 Library/Seattle,WA 07/07/2017
NTIS  PB-271 984 Some EPA libraries have a fiche copy filed under the call number shown. 07/26/2022
Collation xi, 67 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
The report describes a study of air pollutants emitted by the ammonium nitrate industry. The potential environmental effect of the source was evaluated. Representative processes and an average plant were defined for the purpose of establishing a base on which to determine the emissions and severity of the source. The industry produces 39% of its original solution capacity as ammonium nitrate solutions and 61% as solids, of which 92% are formed by prilling. The remaining 8% are formed by granulation or graining. Primary emissions from ammonium nitrate plants are particulates and ammonia. Processes releasing the greatest amount of emissions are the neutralizer (particulates and ammonia) and the prill tower (particulates). Emission factors were found to be highly dependent on individual plant operation.
"September 1977." Contract 68-02-1874, ROAP 21AXM-071, Program element 1AB015, sponsored by Industrial Environmental Research Laboratory. "EPA Task Officer: Ronald A. Venezia." Includes bibliographical references. "EPA-600/2-77-107i."