Record Display for the EPA National Library Catalog


Main Title For Health Care Manpower -- The U.S. Public Health Services' Urban Health Strategy.
Author Immerman, Bruce ; Eldridge, Lawrence ;
CORP Author Environmental Protection Agency, New York. Region II.
Year Published 1978
Stock Number HRP-0026735/1
Additional Subjects Communities ; Demography ; Distribution ; Distributions ; Health care delivery ; Health care services ; Health care utilization ; Health manpower ; Health occupations ; Health planning ; Health related organizations ; Health resources ; Manpower utilization ; Methodology ; Organization theory ; Projects ; Theories ; United States ; Urban planning ; HRP/AGC ; HRP/ZJ ; HRP/MCAD ; HRP/CFA ; HRP/MAA ; HRP/NB ; HRP/MEL ; HRP/JB ; HRPGEO/YUS ; HRPOCC/X ; Reprints ; Primary health care ; Accessibility ; Urban health services
Library Call Number Additional Info Location Last
NTIS  HRP-0026735/1 Some EPA libraries have a fiche copy filed under the call number shown. 07/26/2022
Collation 2p
The approach of the U.S. Public Health Service toward improving accessibility to primary health care services in urban areas is described. Utilizing the concept of conjointly funded projects proven effective in rural areas, the integrated urban health strategy is an amalgamation of two programs, the National Health Service Corps and community mental health center funds. The strategy seeks to demonstrate how local comprehensive urban health care systems can be formed that are self-sufficient, and to provide opportunities for retaining physicians and other health professionals in urban communities. Recipients of support through the strategy must be nonprofit organizations that have a governing board comprised of at least 51 percent consumers who are using or will use an existing or proposed health center. The remaining 49 percent are health professionals not affiliated with the project and are persons who have expertise in related business and management fields. Only primary care physicians will be placed in urban health strategy projects. The National Health Service Corps is responsible for assisting project staff in developing or improving billing and collection policies in order to maximize third-party and fee-for-service reimbursement.