National Human Exposure Assessment Survey (NHEXAS) Data Analysis Work Group
Project Start Date10/01/1996
Project Completion Date (Actual/Projected)09/30/2005
Two relatively large cross-sectional studies (150-300 respondents completing the protocol) were conducted in Arizona and in EPA Region 5. A special study of children's exposure to pesticides was conducted in Minnesota. A special study was also conducted among approximately 60 participants in 4 counties in Maryland, including Baltimore City, where people were revisited 6 times over a 1-year period.
In 2002, the NHEXAS data was publically released on the Internet. In 2001 a workshop was held and in 2002, the work group completed a report on "lessons learned," documenting observations of the the Principle Investigators of the NHEXAS collaborating organizations on project management, study design, sample collection and analysis, data analysis and database development, and communication.
Web Site Address
- NHEXAS PHASE I REGION 5 STUDY--QUALITY SYSTEMS AND IMPLEMENTATION PLAN FOR HUMAN EXPOSURE ASSESSMENT STUDY (RTI/5740/02-02QSIP)
- NHEXAS PHASE I ARIZONA STUDY--PESTICIDES IN AIR ANALYTICAL RESULTS
- ANALYSIS AND PRODUCTS FROM NHEXAS -- NATIONAL HUMAN EXPOSURE ASSESSMENT SURVEY
- AN OVERVIEW OF THE NATIONAL HUMAN EXPOSURE ASSESSMENT SURVEY (NHEXAS) PHASE I STUDIES
- NATIONAL HUMAN EXPOSURE ASSESSMENT SURVEY (NHEXAS): ANALYSIS OF EXPOSURE PATHWAYS AND ROUTES FOR ARSENIC AND LEAD IN EPA REGION 5