ICLUS Tools and Datasets (Version 1.3 & 1.3.1)
Notice - This site contains archived material(s)
Archived files are provided for reference purposes only. The file was current when produced, but is no longer maintained and may now be outdated. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing archived files may contact the NCEA Webmaster for assistance. Please use the contact us form if you need additional support.
Date of last update
|ICLUS Modeling Tools
ArcGIS version 9.3 & 10
|ICLUS User’s Manual.pdf|
The ICLUS project developed scenarios of housing density for the continuous United States to 2100. These scenarios are broadly consistent with global-scale, peer-reviewed storylines of population growth and economic development, which are used by climate change modelers to develop projections of future climate. The scenarios were developed within a Geographic Information System (GIS). The user's guide, ICLUS v1.3 User’s Manual: ArcGIS Tools and Datasets for Modeling US Housing Density Growth, describes the GIS tools available to generate these scenarios.
The GIS tool allows users to:
- customize housing density patterns by altering household size and travel time assumptions;
- reclassify housing density into classes different than those already provided; and
- generate a map of estimated impervious surface based on a housing density map.
|Jan 2009||EPA partners with USGS to develop a geoprocessing tool.|
|Jun 2009||EPA released the related report, Land-Use Scenarios: National-Scale Housing-Density Scenarios Consistent with Climate Change Storylines (Final Report).|
|Nov 2009||EPA released the ICLUS User's Manual and Tool (External Review Draft) for public review and comment. [Federal Register Dec 8, 2009]|
|Sep 2010||EPA released ICLUS v1.3 and the final user's manual document.|
|May 2011||EPA released ICLUS v1.3.1.|
This document has been reviewed in accordance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency policy and approved for publication. Mention of trade names or commercial products does not constitute endorsement or recommendation for use.
- Land-Use Scenarios: National-Scale Housing-Density Scenarios Consistent With Climate Change Storylines (Final Report)
- ICLUS Tools and Datasets (Version 1.2) and User's Manual: Arcgis Tools and Datasets for Modeling US Housing Density (External Review Draft)
- Integrated Climate and Land-Use Scenarios (Iclus) V1.3 User’s Manual: Arcgis Tools and Datasets for Modeling US Housing Density Growth