Perfluorohexanoic Acid (PFHxA)
External Peer Review Activities for PFHxA Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) Assessment (Feb 2022)
To facilitate the independent external peer review of the draft PFAS IRIS assessments, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) contracted with ERG to run a public meeting. This website serves as a resource for the peer review activities associated with the draft IRIS assessment of PFHxA. To help address this complex issue, the EPA is taking a proactive approach. Specifically, the development of human health toxicity assessments for exposure to individual PFAS represents only one component of the broader PFAS action plan underway at the EPA. The five Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) toxicity assessments are being developed according to the scope and methods outlined in the systematic review protocol building upon several other PFAS assessments that have already been developed.hr>
Dates and Meeting Registration
- The meeting was held May 16-17, 2022.
The peer review meeting took place via Zoom and was open to anyone to attend as an observer and included a brief public comment period on May 16th.
- Webinar Registration - Zoom (zoomgov.com)
- EPA External Peer Review Meeting (erg.com)
- Contact for questions regarding the peer review: email@example.com (subject line: PFHxA Peer Review Meeting).
- Elaine M. Faustman, Ph.D., DABT; Professor, School of Public Health, University of Washington (Panel Chair)
- Panagiotis G. Georgopoulos, Ph.D.; Professor, Rutgers University
- Joseph T. Haney, Jr., M.S.; Distinguished Toxicologist, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Angela M. Leung, MD, MSc.; Health Sciences Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine;
- David Geffen School of Medicine; University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Carla A. Ng, Ph.D.; Assistant Professor, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering and Secondary Appointment, Environmental and Occupational Health, University of Pittsburgh
- David A. Savitz, Ph.D.; Professor, Brown University
- R. Thomas Zoeller, Ph.D.; Professor Emeritus, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Panel Formation Process
- Federal Register Notice: Request for Nominations of Experts for the Review of EPA's Draft Toxicological Reviews of Perfluorodecanoic Acid (PFDA), Perfluorononanoic Acid (PFNA), Perfluorohexanoic Acid (PFHxA), Perfluorohexanesulfonic acid (PFHxS), and Perfluorobutanoic acid (PFBA)
- List of Candidates for IRIS PFAS Peer Review
For more information regarding registration or the peer review meeting, please contact the ERG, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: EPA PFAS assessments peer review). If you have a disability that interferes with your ability to access the information on this page or with participation in the Peer Review Meeting, please contact email@example.com (subject line: PFHxA Peer Review Meeting) and let us know the nature of the accessibility problem and the preferred format that you want to receive the information (electronic format (e.g., ASCII, standard print, large print, etc.).
If you have a disability and the format of any material on our web pages interferes with your ability to access the information, please reach out to us using the Contact us about IRIS form for assistance. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of the accessibility problem, the web address of the requested material, your preferred format in which you want to receive the material (electronic format (ASCII, etc.), standard print, large print, etc.), and your contact information.