- Toxicological Review (PDF) (187 pp, 2.60 M)
- IRIS Summary (PDF) (7 pp, 896 K)
- Supplemental Information on the IRIS Toxicological Review of Hexahydro-1,3,5-Trinitro-1,3,5-Triazine (RDX)
- Status: Hexahydro-1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazine (RDX) is in step 7 at this time.
IRIS Toxicological Review of Hexahydro-1,3,5-Trinitro-1,3,5-Triazine (RDX) (Interagency Science Consultation Draft)
Notice - This site contains archived material(s).
Archived files are provided for reference purposes only. The file was current when produced, but is no longer maintained and may now be outdated. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing archived files may contact the NCEA Webmaster for assistance. Please use the contact form if you need additional assistance.
U.S. EPA. IRIS Toxicological Review of Hexahydro-1,3,5-Trinitro-1,3,5-Triazine (RDX) (Interagency Science Consultation Draft). U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC, EPA/635/R-14/302, 2014.
Samantha J. Jones, Ph: 202-564-6794, Email: email@example.com
Hexahydro-1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazine (RDX, or Royal Demolition eXplosive) is a military explosive with limited civilian uses. In the United States, RDX is produced at Army ammunition plants; it is not produced commercially.
An oral reference dose (RfD) and an oral cancer slope factor are currently available on IRIS. A reassessment of the human health effects of RDX, including both cancer effects and effects other than cancer, is being undertaken.
|Aug 2013||EPA released preliminary draft materials for discussion at the December IRIS Bimonthly Public Meeting.|
|Dec 2013||EPA discussed preliminary draft materials at the December 12-13, 2013 IRIS Bimonthly Public Meeting. Presentations are also available on the meeting web site.|
|Sep 2014||EPA initiated the interagency science consultation on the draft Toxicological Review of RDX.|
|Mar 2016||EPA released the public comment draft for a 60-day review period and announced it will be discussed at the May 10, 2016 IRIS Public Science Meeting. EPA also released the interagency science consultation documents, comments from reviewers, and EPA's response to major comments (see "downloads"). [Federal Register Notice: Mar 10, 2016]|
The hexahydro-1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazine (RDX) IRIS assessment was released for public comment in March 2016. Following the public comment period, the assessment will be revised taking into consideration public comments. The assessment will then be released for external peer review.
This download(s) is distributed solely for the purpose of pre-dissemination peer review under applicable information quality guidelines. It has not been formally disseminated by EPA. It does not represent and should not be construed to represent any Agency determination or policy.
- (160 pp, 2 MB, about PDF)
- (128 pp, 2 MB, about PDF)
- (3 pp, 111 KB, about PDF)
- (7 pp, 193 KB, about PDF)
- (2 pp, 122 KB, about PDF)
- (1 pp, 64 KB, about PDF)
- (18 pp, 177 KB, about PDF)
- (4 pp, 77 KB, about PDF)
- (4 pp, 89 KB, about PDF)
- (1 pp, 61 KB, about PDF)
- (1 pp, 112 KB, about PDF)
- (4 pp, 95 KB, about PDF)
- (5 pp, 147 KB, about PDF)
- IRIS Toxicological Review of Hexahydro-1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazine (RDX) (Preliminary Assessment Materials)
- IRIS Toxicological Review of Hexahydro-1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazine (RDX) (Public Comment Draft)
- IRIS Toxicological Review of Hexahydro-1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazine (RDX) (External Review Draft)