IRIS Toxicological Review of Hexahydro-1,3,5-Trinitro-1,3,5-Triazine (RDX) (Preliminary Assessment Materials)
Notice - This site contains archived material(s).
Archived files are provided for reference purposes only. The file was current when produced, but is no longer maintained and may now be outdated. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing archived files may contact the NCEA Webmaster for assistance. Please use the contact form if you need additional assistance.
- Draft literature search strategies
- The approach for identifying studies
- The screening process for selecting pertinent studies
- The resulting list of pertinent studies
- Preliminary evidence tables
- The process for selecting studies to include in evidence tables
- The quality of the studies in the evidence tables
U.S. EPA. IRIS Toxicological Review of Hexahydro-1,3,5-Trinitro-1,3,5-Triazine (RDX) (Preliminary Assessment Materials). U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC, EPA/635/R-13/140, 2013.
Louis J. D'Amico, Ph: 202-564-4605, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hexahydro-1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazine (RDX, or Royal Demolition eXplosive) is a military explosive with limited civilian uses. In the United States, RDX is produced at Army ammunition plants; it is not produced commercially.
An oral reference dose (RfD) and an oral cancer slope factor are currently available on IRIS. A reassessment of the human health effects of RDX, including both cancer effects and effects other than cancer, is being undertaken.
This download(s) is distributed solely for the purpose of pre-dissemination peer review under applicable information quality guidelines. It has not been formally disseminated by EPA. It does not represent and should not be construed to represent any Agency determination or policy.
- (93 pp, 2 MB, about PDF)
- IRIS Toxicological Review of Hexahydro-1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazine (RDX) (Public Comment Draft)
- IRIS Toxicological Review of Hexahydro-1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazine (RDX) (Interagency Science Consultation Draft)
- IRIS Toxicological Review of Hexahydro-1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazine (RDX) (External Review Draft)
Federal Register Notices
Comments on the assessment may be submitted and reviewed using the Docket ID EPA-HQ-ORD-2013-0430