Notice - This site contains archived material
- Status: The IRIS Assessment for the pesticide Acephate has been archived and is not being reassessed by IRIS at this time.
- Archived IRIS Summary (PDF) (13 pp, 114 K)
- Archive Disclaimer: The IRIS Program has archived a number of IRIS entries for pesticides that have been assessed more recently by EPA's Pesticide Program. The IRIS program announced in 2004 that chemicals that are solely used as pesticides would not be re-assessed.
Information from EPA's Pesticide Program
- Human Health Benchmarks for Pesticides (HHBP) information for Acephate. The HHBP website provides toxicity reference values for a number of pesticides to help determine if there is a potential health risk when pesticides are detected in water. However, the toxicity information from the HHBP table may be useful for other purposes.
- EPA Pesticide Program toxicity information for Acephate. This link provides information from EPA's Pesticide Program on the derivation of toxicity reference values.
- Additional information from EPA's Pesticide Program for Acephate.
- Contact us about pesticides
This data is archived and for historical reference only. Please refer to the Pesticide Program Toxicity Value.
Reference Dose for Oral Exposure (RfD) (PDF) (13 pp, 114 K)
archived on: 07/15/2016
|System||RfD (mg/kg-day)||Basis||PoD||Composite UF||Confidence|
|Nervous||4 x 10-3||Inhibition of brain ChE||
: 1.2 x 10-1
Reference Concentration for Inhalation Exposure (RfC) (PDF) (13 pp, 114 K)
Not assessed under the IRIS Program.
Weight of Evidence for Cancer (PDF) (13 pp, 114 K)
archived on: 07/15/2016
|WOE Characterization||Framework for WOE Characterization|
|C (Possible human carcinogen)||Guidelines for Carcinogen Risk Assessment (US EPA, 1986)|
- The classification is based on increased incidence of hepatocellular carcinomas and adenomas in female mice.
- This may be a synopsis of the full weight-of-evidence narrative.
Oral Slope Factor:
8.7 x10 -3 per mg/kg-day
Drinking Water Unit Risk: 2.5 x10 -7 per µg/L
Extrapolation Method: Linearized multistage procedure, extra risk
Tumor site(s): Hepatic
Tumor type(s): Liver adenomas and carcinomas (Chevron Chemical, 1982a)
Not Assessed under the IRIS Program.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s PDF page to learn more.