CASRN 107-13-1 | DTXSID5020029
- IRIS Summary (PDF) (23 pp, 162 K)
- Status: Development of the acrylonitrile (re)assessment has been discontinued.
Reference Dose for Oral Exposure (RfD) (PDF) (23 pp, 162 K)
Not assessed under the IRIS Program.
Reference Concentration for Inhalation Exposure (RfC) (PDF) (23 pp, 162 K)
Last Updated: 11/01/1991
|System||RfC (mg/m3)||Basis||PoD||Composite UF||Confidence|
|Respiratory||2 x 10-3||Degeneration and inflammation of nasal respiratory epithelium; hyperplasia of mucous secreting cells||
Weight of Evidence for Cancer (PDF) (23 pp, 162 K)
Last Updated: 09/30/1987
|WOE Characterization||Framework for WOE Characterization|
|B1 (Probable human carcinogen - based on limited evidence of carcinogenicity in humans)||Guidelines for Carcinogen Risk Assessment (U.S. EPA, 1986)|
- The observation of a statistically significant increase in incidence of lung cancer in exposed workers and observation of tumors, generally astrocytomas in the brain, in studies in two rat strains exposed by various routes (drinking water, gavage, and inhalation) forms the basis for this classification.
- This may be a synopsis of the full weight-of-evidence narrative.
Oral Slope Factor:
5.4 x 10 -1 per mg/kg-day
Drinking Water Unit Risk: 1.5 x 10 -5 per µg/L
Extrapolation Method: Linearized multistage procedure, extra risk
Tumor site(s): Other, Nervous, Gastrointestinal
Tumor type(s): Brain and spinal cord astrocytomas, Zymbal gland carcinomas and stomach papillomas/ carcinomas (Biodynamics, 1980a,b Quast et al., 1980a)
Inhalation Unit Risk:
6.8 x 10 -5 per µg/m3
Extrapolation Method: Average relative risk
Tumor site(s): Respiratory
Tumor type(s): Respiratory cancer (O'Berg, 1980)
- Human Health Benchmarks for Pesticides (HHBP). This database provides human health benchmarks for pesticides that may be present in drinking water.
- Office of Pesticide Programs Pesticide Chemical Search. This database provides links to health effects information and registration status for pesticides.
- Chemistry Dashboard. This database provides information on chemical structures, experimental and predicted physicochemical, and toxicity data.
Note: The acrylonitrile (re)assessment has been discontinued. A new/updated assessment will not be added to the IRIS database at this time.
Assessment Manager(s): Dahnish Shams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Step||Assessment Materials Released to the Public||Release Date||Public Meeting Date|
|4||Peer Review Draft||06/2011||N/A|
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s PDF page to learn more.