In addition to chemical data updates, ECOTOX has added new features based on user feedback:
- Additional literature search details are being added to the Literature Search Dates table, including the full list of chemicals and CASRNs included in a search (expanded from just the primary chemical of interest). This table can still be found at [ Literature Search Dates ] under "Other Links" on the Home page, and now can be searched with chemical name, synonym, or CASRN. The table includes links to the chemicals in Explore (displaying those that have data in ECOTOX), as well as the option to export the list chemicals/CASRNs or terms included in a search. The most recent year includes all details, with information for older searches being added incrementally with quarterly updates.
- Several new data fields have been added to ECOTOX to meet the needs of study evaluation and assessments. You can add these fields to the display and export tables in the 'Customize Output Fields' option in Search.
- Number of Replicates - Number of replicates per treatment.
- Organism Strain - Author reported strain (e.g., cultivars or hybrids).
- Organism Initial Length - Initial length of the organism as measured by the reported Length Type (e.g., Fork length, Shell length, Snout-vent length, Standard length, Total length, Carapace length).
- Several minor updates that improve the functionality in Search and Explore, including:
- Ability the copy a citation in the display tables by clicking on the author name(s) in the Reference field
- More details provided about the number of references and records added or edited each quarter (found at: [ See update totals ])
Did you know? There are multiple resources on how to use ECOTOX, including:
- The new ECOTOX Knowledgebase Virtual Training recording and slide deck (presented in May 2022) that are now available on the EPA's new New Approach Methods (NAMs) Training website. This training website includes resources for multiple tools. To find the most recent ECOTOX trainings, filter the Topic and Subtopic to 'Ecotoxicology' and sort by Year.
- Help page which includes the ECOTOX User Guide, Learning the Basics, Data Field Definitions and Terms, and the Terms Appendix with the ECOTOX-specific controlled vocabulary.
- Contact Us page where you can submit comments and questions about ECOTOX including technical questions about conducting queries and exporting data.