In addition to chemical data updates, ECOTOX has added new features based on user feedback:
- You can now send your EXPLORE queries directly to SEARCH to customize the output fields and further refine data results for the Chemical, Species or Effect of interest! See the example below on how this can be done.
- You can make your own "Custom group" in EXPLORE for Chemicals, Species and Effects using the box on the upper left side of website and selecting to either browse groups or enter by CAS number, NCBI TaxID, or effect code.
- Delayed effects are now referred to as "Post-exposure measurements" to better reflect the actual test data and are automatically included in SEARCH and EXPLORE. You can choose to exclude these records using filter in the Effect Measurements screen under the "All Effects" parameter selection.
- The US Exotic/Nuisance Species group has been renamed to "US Invasive Species" to better reflect those species lists. The species on this list and sources can be found in HELP (Select Search Parameters: Taxonomic and ECOTOX Coding Documentation: Species Verification).
- In the EXPLORE function, the Plot View now has the option to display the Y-axis on either Linear or Logarithmic scale.
Did you know? ECOTOX has over 200 fields of data encoded from many studies. The Default output is simplified for viewing and contains only 25 fields of data commonly encoded for a study, but all other fields may be selected by clicking on the 'Customize Output Fields' button. The pop-up window will allow you to customize the output table to include any relevant data for your research.