In addition to chemical data updates, ECOTOX has added new features based on user feedback:
- In the SEARCH function, the Tabular Output can now be exported with the correct format for directly importing into EPA's Species Sensitivity Distribution Toolbox. More information on the Toolbox can be found at https://www.epa.gov/sciencematters/species-sensitivity-distribution-toolbox-new-tool-identify-and-protect-vulnerable
- On the Plot View feature under EXPLORE, you can now choose to display a Custom Plot by using the "Change Plot Parameters" link on the plot. The Y axis can be set to Concentration or Duration, X axis and Legend can be set to Chemical, Species, Effect, Endpoint or group.
- The Term Appendix is now in electronic format, under the "What Is..." section of the Help page. You can click on any of the Appendix groups to get the pop-up table of terms and definitions. Each Appendix table can be exported as .CSV. The Term Appendix is updated quarterly.
- The ASCII download is now available as a .zip file, as well as .exe.
- The Reference list returned for a search can now be exported to .RIS file for ease in use with other bibliographic tools.
Did you know? ECOTOX has over 200 fields of data extracted from many studies. The Default output is simplified for viewing and contains only 25 fields of data commonly extracted for a study, but all other fields may be selected by clicking on the 'Customize Output Fields' button. The pop-up window will allow you to customize the output table to include any relevant data for your research.