RD/RA CD Statement of Work
RD/RA CD SOW (.Doc/.Docx, 38 pp, 106 K)
This model is for use by EPA and DOJ staff when negotiating a remedial design/remedial action (RD/RA) consent decree statement of work (SOW). It should be used in conjunction with the RD/RA judicial consent decree (CD). The SOW is the technical attachment to the CD, which sets forth the procedures and requirements for implementing the remedial action under the CD. More information on Remedial Design/Remedial Action is available from the Superfund Program RD/RA web page.
Issuance of Revised Model Remedial Design/Remedial Action Unilateral Administrative Order and New Statement of Work
Transmittal memorandum announcing the issuance of the revised model RD/RA Unilateral Administrative Order (UAO) and the new model RD/RA UAO Statement of Work (SOW). The transmittal memorandum also announces updates to the RD/RA Consent Decree (CD) SOW, originally issued on 9/29/14, to conform to the new UAO SOW.
Issuance of 2014 CERCLA Model Remedial Design/Remedial Action Consent Decree and Statement of Work
Transmittal memorandum for revised RD/RA CD and the new model Statement of Work (SOW) for RD/RA.
Model Remedial Design/Remedial Action Consent Decree
RD/RA CD should be used in conjunction with the RD/RA SOW. The RD/RA CD used by EPA and DOJ staff when negotiating an RD/RA judicial CD with potentially responsible parties under sections 106, 107, and 122 of CERCLA.
Transmittal of Model Geospatial Data and Electronic Submission of Deliverables Language for Inclusion in CERCLA Statements of Work
Transmittal memorandum and model geospatial data and electronic submission of deliverables language for inclusion in CERCLA SOW documents. The model language is for use in CERCLA judicial and administrative settlements and unilateral administrative orders that provide for performance of response actions.
Update URL references and links and formatting
- ¶ 3.7(a) and ¶ 10.1(gg) – Updated reference to Construction Specifications Institute’s Masterformat
• ¶ 7.4(b) – Updated URL
• ¶ 7.7(c) – removed extra word “and” in first sentence
Corrections, updates and formatting
- Added reference to new Guidance for Management of Superfund Remedies in Post Construction, OLEM 9200.3-105 (Feb. 2017) (“2017 Guidance”), https://www.epa.gov/superfund/superfund-post-construction-completion, to ¶ 10.1.
•Deleted reference to superseded Operation and Maintenance in the Superfund Program, OSWER 9200.1 37FS, EPA/540/F-01/004 (May 2001), from ¶¶ 7.7(h) and (i) and 10.1.
•Noted that 2017 Guidance supplements Close Out Procedures for NPL Sites guidance (May 2011) in ¶¶ 4.6(d) and 4.7(b).
•Made minor formatting updates.
Review and Update URLs and Reference Materials
- Reviewed and updated existing URLs and reference materials throughout the document – pp. 14-15, 24-26.
- RD/RA CD SOW updated to conform to new RD/RA UAO SOW. Changes are announced and explained in “Issuance of Revised Model Remedial Design/Remedial Action Unilateral Administrative Order and New Statement of Work” and its Appendix, “Explanation of Changes to the 2014 Remedial Design/Remedial Action Consent Decree Statement of Work (RD/RA CD SOW) Introduced by 2015 RD/RA Unilateral Administrative Order SOW (UAO SOW)."