You are here:
U.S. EPA'S ECOLOGICAL RISK ASSESSMENT SUPPORT CENTER (ERASC)
[6/2014] ERASC announced the release of the final report, Evaluating Potential Exposures to Ecological Receptors Due to Transport of Hydrophobic Organic Contaminants in Subsurface Systems.
The ERASC provides technical information and addresses scientific questions of concern or interest on topics relevant to ecological risk assessment at hazardous waste sites for EPA's Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response (OSWER) personnel and the Office of Resource Conservation and Recovery (ORCR) staff.
Requests must be channeled to ERASC through the Ecological Risk Assessment Forum (ERAF). To assess emerging and complex scientific issues that require expert judgment, the ERASC relies on the expertise of scientists and engineers located throughout EPA's Office of Research and Development (ORD) labs and centers.
ERASC develops responses that reflect the state of the science for ecological risk assessment and also provides a communication point for the distribution of the responses to other interested parties. For further information, contact Ecology_ERASC@epa.gov or call 513-569-7940.
URLs/Downloads:7. Development of an Ecological Risk Assessment Methodology for Assessing Wildlife Exposure Risk Associated with Mercury-Contaminated Sediments in Lake and River Systems (Final) (PDF,80 pp, 3470 KB, about PDF)
1. Evaluating Ecological Risk to Invertebrate Receptors from PAHs in Sediments at Hazardous Waste Sites (Final Report)
5. Memorandum: Response To Ecological Risk Assessment Forum Request For Information On the Benefits of PCB Congener-Specific Analyses (Final) (PDF,21 pp, 331 KB, about PDF)
8. Assessment of Methods for Estimating Risk to Birds from Ingestion of Contaminated Grit Particles (2011 Final)
2. Estimation of Biota Sediment Accumulation Factor (BSAF) from Paired Observations of Chemical Concentrations in Biota and Sediment (Final Report)
3. Application of Equilibrium Partitioning Theory to Soil PAH Contamination (External Review Draft)
9. Evaluating Potential Exposures to Ecological Receptors Due to Transport of Hydrophobic Organic Contaminants in Subsurface Systems (2014 Final Report) (PDF,69 pp, 2000 KB, about PDF)
4. Assessing Risks to Populations at Superfund and RCRA Sites: Characterizing Effects on Populations (Final Report)
6. Non-Dioxin-Like PCBs: Effects and Consideration In Ecological Risk Assessment (Final) (PDF,53 pp, 703 KB, about PDF)
Record Details:Record Type: DOCUMENT
Organization:U.S. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
OFFICE OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
NATIONAL CENTER FOR ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT