Vessels eNOI Search
The 2008 Vessel General Permit (VGP) regulates discharges incidental to the normal operation of vessels operating in a capacity as a means of transportation. Those vessels greater than 300 gross tons or more or those which have the ability to hold or discharge more than 8 cubic meters of ballast must submit an NOI in order to receive permit coverage.
This page provides you the ability to search and view Vessel Notice of Intent (NOI) data for Vessel Owner Operators that are seeking coverage or who have already received coverage under EPA's Vessel General Permit. Using the search features below, you can search for Vessel NOIs that have been entered into the Vessels General Permit NOI system. There are six Vessel NOI status’ that can be searched on and displayed:
- Active - The vessel is covered by the VGP
- OnHold - the certifying official has requested that the Vessel NOI be placed on hold while additional information is gathered
- Terminated Certified - the Vessel NOI has been terminated and is no longer active
- Certified - the Vessel NOI has been certified and is currently in the waiting period prior to becoming Active. Any Vessel NOI entered after 09/19/2009 that was not a transfer of ownership has a 30 day waiting period from the date of Certification to the date of Activation
- Archived - a Vessel NOI is automatically archived by the system if it is not in the Active status and has been inactive for 90 days
- NOITIS Hold - Federal or Regional authorities have placed a hold on the Vessel NOI pending further inquiry
In addition to being able to search on Vessel NOI data, this Search tool allows you to Export your results set into an excel spreadsheet, which can be saved to your desktop for access at your convenience. The Export button is at the bottom of the Search Results set page and will produce an excel spreadsheet containing all of the data in your Search Result set.