IRIS Toxicological Review and Summary Documents for Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (External Peer Review)
Archived files are provided for reference purposes only. The file was current when produced, but is no longer maintained and may now be outdated. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing archived files may contact the NCEA Webmaster for assistance. Please visit http://epa.gov/ncea to access current information.
Federal Register Notices
- Samantha J. Jones
- by phone at: 703-347-8580
- by email at: email@example.com
PBDEs are used as flame retardants in furniture foam, plastics for TV cabinets, consumer electronics, wire insulation, and backcoatings for draperies and upholstery. An assessment of the potential health effects of four individual congeners of polybrominated diphenyl ethers has been undertaken. The draft assessments will present reference values for the noncancer effects (RfD and RfC) and a cancer assessment, where supported by available data, for the BDE-47, BDE-99, BDE-153, and BDE-209 congeners of polybrominated diphenyl ethers. The draft Toxicological reviews will be subject to an external peer review and 45-day public comment period.
- IRIS Toxicological Review of 2,2',4,4'-Tetrabromodiphenyl Ether (External Review Draft)
- IRIS Toxicological Review of Pentabromodiphenyl Ether (External Review Draft)
- IRIS Toxicological Review of Hexabromodiphenyl Ether (External Review Draft)
- IRIS Toxicological Review of Decabromodiphenyl Ether (External Review Draft)