Report of the Meeting to Peer Review "The Inventory of Sources of Dioxin in the United States"
Archived files are provided for reference purposes only. The file was current when produced, but is no longer maintained and may now be outdated. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing archived files may contact the NCEA Webmaster for assistance. Please visit http://epa.gov/ncea to access current information.
This report summarizes the expert scientific peer review of the April 1998 external review draft of The Inventory of Sources of Dioxin in the United States, published by the Office of Research and Development (ORD) of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (USEPA, 1998a). Five reviewers participated in the public peer review meeting, which took place in Alexandria, Virginia, on June 3-4, 1998. Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG), a contractor to EPA, organized the expert peer review and prepared this summary report. This introductory section provides background information on several topics relevant to this report, including the history of EPA's efforts to compile an inventory of dioxin emissions, the scope of the peer review of the emission inventory, and the organization of this report.
- (146 pp, 347 KB, about PDF)
- Dioxin Exposure Initiative (Dei)
- Database of Sources of Environmental Releases of Dioxin-Like Compounds in the United States
- EPA's Dioxin Reassment (External Review Draft), Submitted to the Science Advisory Board (Sab) 2000
- User's Manual for the Database of Sources of Environmental Releases of Dioxin-Like Compounds in the U.S.: Reference Years 1987 and 1995
- EPA Regulations Related to Dioxin