Air Quality Criteria for Ozone and Related Photochemical Oxidants (External Review Draft, 1995)
Archived files are provided for reference purposes only. The file was current when produced, but is no longer maintained and may now be outdated. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing archived files may contact the NCEA Webmaster for assistance. Please visit http://epa.gov/ncea to access current information.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) promulgates the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) on the basis of scientific information contained in air quality criteria issued under Section 108 of the Clean Air Act. The previous ozone (03) criteria document, Air Quality Criteria for Ozone and Other Photochemical Oxidants, was released in August 1986 and a supplement, Summary of Selected New Information on Effects of Ozone on Health and Vegetation, was released in January 1992. These documents were the basis for a March 1993 decision by EPA that revision of the existing l-h NAAQS for 03 was not appropriate at that time. That decision, however, did not take into account some of the newer scientific data that became available after completion of the 1986 criteria document. The purpose of this revised air quality criteria document for 03 and related photochemical oxidants is to critically evaluate and assess the latest scientific data associated with exposure to the concentrations of these pollutants found in ambient air. Emphasis is placed on the presentation of health and environmental effects data; however, other scientific data are presented and evaluated in order to provide a better understanding of the nature, sources, distribution, measurement, and concentrations of 03 and related photochemical oxidants and their precursors in the environment. Although the document is not intended to be an exhaustive literature review, it is intended to cover all pertinent literature available through 1995.
This download(s) is distributed solely for the purpose of pre-dissemination peer review under applicable information quality guidelines. It has not been formally disseminated by EPA. It does not represent and should not be construed to represent any Agency determination or policy.
- Air Quality Criteria for Ozone and Related Photochemical Oxidants
- Spatial Variation in Ozone Concentrations in Phoenix, Az for 1997
- Research Needed to Improve Health and Ecological Risk Assessments for Ozone (Second External Review Draft)
- Project Work Plan for Revised Air Quality Criteria for Ozone and Related Photochemical Oxidants (External Review Draft)
- Project Work Plan for Revised Air Quality Criteria for Ozone and Related Photochemical Oxidants (Casac Review Draft)
- Air Quality Criteria for Ozone and Related Photochemical Oxidants (First External Review Draft)