Five-Year Reviews Online
Five-Year Reviews Online Search Tips
The Five-Year Reviews Online Search allows users to locate documents by providing at least one of the following criteria: site name or EPA ID, state, EPA Region, keyword, or federal fiscal year.
The system provides great flexibility to perform a very general search or a very detailed search. To ensure the best match for your needs, utilize the following tips:
General Search Tips
Selecting Multiple Options from a List
- There must be something entered in at least one of the text boxes or something selected from one of the lists to generate a result.
- The more exact the search criteria entered, the more relevant the search results displayed.
- At any time, you may clear search criteria entered by clicking the Reset button.
Combining Search Criteria
- In the fields that provide a list of options to choose from, holding the Shift key or the Ctrl key while selecting from the list will select multiple options.
- Shift Key - When holding only the Shift key while selecting, all options between the two options selected will also be selected. For example, in the State field, selecting Colorado then holding the Shift key and selecting Florida will select Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, and Florida.
- Ctrl Key - When holding only the Ctrl key while selecting, only those specific options will be selected. For example, selecting Colorado then holding the Ctrl key and selecting Florida will cause only Colorado and Florida to be selected.
Partial and Wild Card Searches
You may use any combination of search criteria when searching for a site. For example, you could enter criteria to search for all sites in Region 2, with the site name "Andrews," in fiscal year 2001. When combining search criteria, only those sites that match ALL criteria will be shown in the results.
- In the fields that provide a text box, you may enter partial data. For example, entering 'electric' in the site name will provide results that include General Electric, The Electric Co., Bob's Electrical Plant, and Electrical Current.
- In the fields that provide a text box, searches are not case-sensitive. For example, searches for "electric," "Electric,", and 'ELECTRIC" will all return the same results.
- When search results are rendered, they are displayed in ascending alphabetical order by Site Name. You may sort the results by any of the columns by clicking the arrow () in the appropriate column header. The results will be sorted in ascending alphabetical order.