Why is Coco Orange?
Coco has a problem. He’s a chameleon, but he can’t change colors, and his asthma is acting up. Read how Coco and his friends at Lizard Lick Elementary solve this mystery as they learn about air quality and how to stay healthy when the air quality is bad. This book is for all children, especially those with asthma, and their caretakers. Ages 4-8.
"Why Is Coco Orange?"
- View On-line (PDF, 19p., 1.7MB, about PDF).
"Why Is Coco Orange?"
- Print Version (PDF, 36p., 2MB, about PDF).
To assemble a picture book: Print "landscape" and "double-sided" and then staple on the left.
- Flyer for "Why is Coco Orange?" -
Print a 8.5" x 11" promotional flyer (PDF, 1p., 254KB, about PDF).
- Coloring page (PDF, 1p., 1.95MB, about PDF)
- Air Quality Index (AQI) Toolkit for Teachers
- Teacher's Air Quality Resources
- Kid's Air Website
- School Flag Program
Order a Hardcopy of "Why is Coco Orange?"
"Why is Coco Orange?" is available free from the National Service Center for Environmental Publications (NSCEP).
Your order may take up to 3 weeks to process. If you need your materials before a specific date, please provide your FedEx account number so that your order can be expedited. Be sure to specify the date you need the books in hand.
- Telephone orders: Orders can be placed by calling 800-490-9198. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (EST). After hours you may leave a voice mail order.
- E-mail orders: You may also send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org to request publications.
- Order on-line: Go to http://www.epa.gov/ncepihom/index.html. In the "Search" field type in "456K10001." Click “Search”. "Why is Coco Orange" will pop up. Click on the "Postal Icon" to order a hard copy.
- The item number is EPA-456/K-10-001, which is needed for ordering.
- Quantities must be limited due to the popularity of the book.
- Individuals may order one copy each.
- Schools and libraries may order up to 25 copies each.
- Non-profit organizations, and State and local governments may order up to 100 copies.
- Larger numbers may be approved on a case-by-case basis.
This page was last updated on Friday, September 09, 2011
Line Break (Shift + Enter)